06 June 2006

Un Very Stylish Fille


Poll time, people. Even though there's only a handful of yous out there. Still - advice, please. Is my new dress appropriate for my office job? I work in a very casual-type office, & I've definitely felt comfortable wearing all manner of sparkly skirts & patterned stockings & the like, but my jury's out on the strappy debate. I usually do shy away from straps in the office, but I think that's mostly because all of the strappy things I own also highlight my ta tas. It's not that I haven't been known to wear boob shirts to work, but boob + strap seems excessive.

My thought is, this definitely does not show my tits. It's actually quite modest, even with the straps. (Modest Straps would be a great name for something.) So, what do you think - yea or nay on the work tip? Full confession: I'm actually wearing it at work today (so Mandy, consider yourself obliged to respond). I'm fine with it, but I'm looking for more of a consensus opinion.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha -- I'm glad you posted this because I was thinking earlier you had on a killer dress. Not killer in the I'm-going-to-kick-your-ass sort of way, but very stylish. I should've said something; pardon me for being so insular! On a side-note, there's a tall drink of water who works in our building with an amazing almost she-mullet haircut, and she was wearing these fantastic striped capris today. Seeing her coupled with your great dress made me think, "I need some style". So there you go. You get that dress in C'ville?? (No, I won't go out and buy one.)

Anonymous said...

PS: Sorry to disappoint - two comments from me! - but it occured to me that I hadn't really answered the question: I don't think the dress was inappropriate, but I must admit it conjured up thoughts of frolicking - grass and fields and whatnot.

In other news, I am so glad you have linked to Jose Gonzalez. I hadn't even heard of him 'til Greg wanted to put "Crosses" on his show today. That, and the other songs on Gonzalez's website are pretty great. Thanks for inadvertantly hooking me up.

Anonymous said...

You could definately not get away with wearing that at my company. Keep in mind I wear a tie and an all-company memo gets emailed if a girl is caught wearing open toed shoes. Then again, my company is run by a manic depressive from pittsburg with an artificial tan and hair plugs. Open toed shoes! it's Miami for christ's sake!

Anonymous said...

First of all, I love this dress! Second - totally appropriate, but if you're worried about the shoulders, just throw on a shrug. No, just kidding, I definitely don't support any shrug activity for anyone under any circumstances. Just throw on a cardigan or some such office-friendly cover up. PS - Hi April!

April said...

Thanks, all! Believe it or not, I got the dress at Tar-zhay. Super cheap. It comes in dark brown, too, so Mandy you could totally get your own without compunction. It could be the uber-girl, way-hotter version of the WW polo shirts. (For those who aren't me or Mandy - office policy dictates that if two or more people wear this certain shirt we all have on the same day, they have to walk from one end of the downtown pedestrian mall to the other, holding hands.)

Anonymous said...

I'll only get the brown one if we can convince the four other fellas in our office to as well. I'm thinking H. and C. in green, N. and J. in brown. I smell a photo-opp!