13 June 2006

Boy George Don't Know the Half of It

I hate it when I make a resolute vow not to do something & then when presented with the opportunity immediately go ahead & do it anyway.

Like crying at airports. Dammit! I suppose it's more reasonable than when, say, ABBA makes me cry (which isn't often, but has been known to happen on occasion). Still! It makes precious little sense to my waking mind; but apparently the tear ducts just bypass my enormous super-powerful brain & connect directly to my secretly enormouser & super-powerfuler heartstrings. Or summit stupid like that.

I did inadvertently devise an effective lather-rinse-repeat strategy, though, which I'd highly recommend (possible variations are of course infinite) - two listens of NO's "Low-life" on the drive home followed by two beers, two episodes of The Muppet Show on DVD & a two-hour nap. Felt mucho better.

Bernard Sumner & the Swedish Chef know what I need.

No comments: