15 June 2006

New Boyfriend


This is Bernard Sumner, my new boyfriend. I haven't dumped either Lloyd Cole or Greg Dulli (although after that last Twilight Singers album, we're definitely on hiatus) - I've got lots o' love so there's plenty to give Bernard (& no, I won't be calling him "Barney").

I've always kept New Order at arm's length, for the largely ridiculous reason that I've felt like they "belonged" to the person who really introduced me to them. So, I've heard the albums loads of times, but I've never actually really, truly listened to them before now (excepting Technique, of course; & also Get Ready). It's officially love. I guess properly speaking the whole band should be my new boyfriends (& ex-girlfriend), but I'm singling out Bernard for the utterly arbitrary & completely obvious reason that he's the singer, & I find myself more readily identifying with his voice than, say, Hooky's bass.

That said, however, although Bernard may be the poster child for my NO love, if I saw them in concert, I would so be wearing four pairs of panties for stage-throwing purposes.

No comments: