19 March 2007

Phase 2

Ever since I completed painting the living room, I have been aching to paint the kitchen. If your kitchen were this horrible & watered-down a pink, hell, wouldn't you (& I like pink)?:

Pardon the mess; this picture was taken in the midst of painting.
Pardon the blur; the flash renders inaccurate color representation & thus is useless for my purposes.
I'ma make a long story short. To wit:
Benjamin Moore. Matte finish (shiny paint is hideously wrong). Charmed Violet for the walls; Heather Plum for the cabinetry & trim.

My initial impression was, My God, that's too much even for me. In fact, I only took pictures to obtain second opinions. The more I looked at it, though, the more I liked it. Sure it's bright; but I like bright. See the first picture in the post for an example of modest color use = ugly as fuck. Also, purple? I'm a fan.

When it occurred to me to paint the interior of the cabinets silver, though, I knew that I actually really loved this. Frankly, it was a bit disconcerting this morning when I went into the shoebox...er, kitchen...to feed the cats. But it's so gloriously purple, I can't even front.
I love it.

More pictures no doubt to follow, once I've actually painted the kitchen beyond this miniscule strip of wall. Although I suspect this is a rare time that tiiiiny kitchen will work in my favor - there's not all that much more to paint.

Silver cabinets! So fantastic.

No comments: