20 December 2007

Watch Out! Girl Genius At Work!

Many moons ago, in the wilds of western Massachusetts, I chipped one of my front teeth in a friendly tussle over a bottle of beer. Obviously, I had a fake tooth-part (no, I don't know the technical term) installed - I may have been raised in Scio, OR but that doesn't mean I have to look like it, dammit. And so, all was well.

Until last night, when I did something so embarrassingly stupid that I refuse to describe it. And knocked out said fake tooth-part.

Nice job, me. Way to go. Let's just make that whole teeth thing cost an even grand for 2007. Sweet! (21.12 EDIT: Apparently my dentist has a "buy five fillings get a fake tooth-part for free" deal. And he was able to see me yesterday. Excellent.)

The moral of the story is: I am forcing myself to go to sleep tonight. Like a normal person. Eight Six hours, at least, maybe more. All I am doing tonight is watching my freakin' "Lost" [21.12 EDIT: & Helvetica, a truly crappy documentary that makes an interesting subject dull]. No more staying up so late I'm afraid to go to sleep because I might not wake up! No more insane ventures, no more mad projects!

In short, no more tomfoolery.

At least until the weekend. Then I can try pulling out shelf pegs with my teeth at 4:30 in the morning to my heart's content. (Yeah, that's right, I said it. I confess.)

No comments: