03 December 2007

Boompty Boomp!


I clearly need more friends who like house music.

Derrick fucking Carter is playing at my house, dammit! It's funny, 'cause I've definitely missed out on a lot of DJs around here - Mark Farina, DJ Dan, etc
. - that I really do love (well, I gotta say, I stopped with DJ Dan after about six or seven CDs, because, um, they actually do all sound the same). Anyway, generally speaking, while I enjoy listening to them, most house mixes are too damn fast for my tired old body to even contemplate keeping up with in a live setting. So I've just kind of skipped 'em.

But...I mean...it's DERRICK CARTER. House Music Legend (tm). He's boompty, not "boom-chk-boom-chk-boom-chk". Shit, he created the b
oompty boomp. He's got a track about friends & tater tots, people! He's just adorable & I love him madly. And the show's only fifteen dollars.


Sigh. I don't really want to go alone, but I just might have to. Damn PDX indie kids.

No comments: