05 February 2007

MUST...FIND...ROLLER KITTY SKATES

Anybody who knows me, even a little, should know that I've been salivating over roller skates for a couple of years now. DYING to have a pair. Somehow, roller skates never quite made it into the budget, though. Not that there was anywhere to roller skate in Virginia, anyway - inside & outside were equally dicey propositions. But now that I live near an enormous roller skating rink, & spurred by the girl I saw skating blithely down 10th Avenue a while ago, I have decided that until I can buy a bicycle, roller skates are obviously the most logical method of in-town transportation.

I'm past the Britney Spears Skechers roller skates. They're actually pretty ugly. I want something...girlier. Sparklier. Prettier.


Like the Puma Roller Kitty roller skates. I WANT THESE SO MUCH IT H
URTS. They would go fantastically with the strapless pink cotton candy confection of a dress which I bought in November that's currently biding time in my closet til spring. Of course, they came out in 2002. So I can't find a pair anywhere. But MY GOD they are BEAUTIFUL. I would be willing to postpone buying a bed for yet another month if I could find these:
Maybe Nike has some sweet roller skates in their secret goody shop. The one you can only get into if you are, or know, a Nike employee. Apparently it's chock full of one-off experiments, seriously discounted shoes & other fun stuff. Hmm...worth a shot.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't buy this from Puma b/c they don't make it. They make the shoe only. If you go to skate.com and look under custom skates, they can make the skate if you provide the shoe. If I find the shoe, I'll update the post. Good Luck.

Unknown said...

you can buy them from nordstroms online

Unknown said...

I have these Roller skates in a size 6.5 and it's brand new. It was only used briefly for a photo shoot. Let me know if you're interested to buy.
Email me at maila.carmona@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I have these Roller skates in a size 6.5 and it's brand new. It was only used briefly for a photo shoot. Let me know if you're interested to buy.
Email me at maila.carmona@yahoo.com