21 December 2006

You Would've Bought It Too

How fantabulous is this? I don't know jackshit about grenaches, but didn't even have to think twice about picking this lil' number up when mine eyes espied it on the shelf. Fortunately, it happens to be tasty enough to deserve its magnificent name & packaging. My favorite part is the cap (no corkscrew here! Maybe because the wine sees no oak...? I'm pretty much a wine retard, so I have no idea), which repeats the dagger-in-heart image seen on the back of the bottle - the big one, up toward the top.

I got the last bottle on the shelf at Zupan's, my neighborhood grocery store. Made up for the fact that I didn't have time to saunter over to the Wine Garage as I'd planned, where rumor has it that nary a bottle exceeds $13.

Verdict? If, like me, you're a sucker for packaging, pink & (semi-)dirty words - & want a nice, easy-to-drink, somewhat sweet wine - you'll friggin' love it.

No comments: