08 December 2006

You Want Character? I'll Give You Doors.

Last night I figured out that there are no fewer than eight doorways in my foyer. In fact, one entire wall is comprised of nothing but doors. And the foyer ain't that big.

One for the water closet (AKA my toilet room), one for the bathroom, two to my next-door(s) neighbor's unit (which are locked & have no doorknobs, of course), one to the loft upstairs, one for the foyer closet & two to my living room.

Eight is my "lucky" number, largely by dint of its eerily frequent manifestations in my life, so I'll take this as fortuitous.

Also, what a great title & great idea for a film! Eight Doorways. Of course, I wouldn't use literal doorways. And there probably wouldn't be eight of anything really. But just think how hard people would look for the eight "doorways" & the crazy ideas they'd derive from the film to interpret the title. C'est fantastique!

No comments: