07 August 2007

Bear With Me Here

My left ankle is in pain from when I slipped down a couple stairs on Sunday.

My knee still hurts from when I fell last week on my way to the airport (note: slide-on platform wedge shoes + heavy duffel bag = BAD IDEA, people!).

My legs ache from the Sunday hours I spent crouched over the loft's built-in furniture, painting it. And I mean ache. I can barely walk (note: leg pain + high-heeled sandals = bad idea).

The cut on my finger looks like it's bleeding through the tape & bandages, but since I'm not supposed to touch it until tomorrow or Thursday, I'll just have to wonder. I banged it on my cubicle door not five minutes ago, which felt simply spectacular.

My left arm is stiff & sore & hurts like hell from the tetanus shot.

My neck has been a place of pain for several days now, as I keep falling asleep in terrible positions.

I left my Vicodin at home because I'm not supposed to take it at work, & tho' my office's first aid supply cabinet is chock full of Advil, Alleve, & Tylenol, not a single helping of ibuprofen is contained therein, let alone the 800 mg the doctor recommended.

My entire body feels like it has been folded & stuffed into an envelope of pain.

Shit, I even finished my book last night, so I'm fresh out of fun easy reading.

I find myself loathe to leave work early, as I've got a 20-hour CIC class starting tomorrow, plus I'm taking simply scads of days off (aka "PTO") this month already. But really I just want to go to my video store, rent some crappy TV or some old Hepburn-Tracy movies & sit on my futon knitting.

Um, also? It's friggin' August. And it's REALLY COLD outside. Okay, it's really 62 degrees & I know it will warm up to the 70s. But it's gray & cloudy & drizzling. NOT FAIR. It's summer! That five-month span in which we know no rain, only sunshine & blue skies! Bastards.

I may have said it before, & I'll likely say it again, but - life is pain, princess.

On the other hand, I'm wearing one of the five dresses I've purchased in the last month. Yeah, that's right - I've magically found five dresses that flatter me & were on sale in a mere FOUR WEEKS. Plus I bought really cute sandals whose cork wedge heels are loaded with GOLD SPARKLES (bonus: they are actually almost comfortable!).

So it's not all bad.

EDIT: Uncle, uncle! I give up! I think the shot has exacerbated my other pre-existing pains. It hurts to move. Futon. Drugs. Visual entertainment of an amusing kind. Sleep. Yes...the Land of Happily Stationary beckons. (For the record, it annoys me to no end that "stationary" means still while "stationery" means paper. Am I the only person who thinks that paper should be stationary-with-an-a? And that still makes way more sense as stationery-with-an-e? Sigh. Probably.)

No comments: