18 July 2007

Not Comfortable


So cute though! But the flip-floposity factor & the heel factor do not combine to make a happy foot. It's surprisingly difficult to walk in these. I almost feel like I'm moving through water, only if I were in water they way they cut wouldn't hurt so much. Although I am beginning to suspect I have mutant feet. Having never known many women who wear heels & strappy sandals & the like on a frequent basis, I just always assumed that every woman who regularly dons cute-but-uncomfortable shoes will have small scars on certain parts their feet. But one of my friends, whom I know to wear the same type of footwear as I (no, really - when I first moved back & visited her, we realized we were wearing the exact same pair of boots), does not have the scars that I have.

The moral of the story is: flip-flop uppers with small pointy heels are adorable, particularly when they are lime green, on clearance & complementary to both your boob dress & your new nail polish(Speedy Hot Tamale, heh), but sadly they are not comfortable. However, I am sure they will look lovely amongst the other painful shoes in my new shoe cubby. (The trick, of course, is to vary your shoe choices daily so that you're always wearing a pair that hurt differently than the previous pair.)

The second moral of the story is: perhaps it is unwise to take shoe advice from someone with mutant, scarred feet.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude, I toally rock the scars. I have mutant feet, too. We will have to compare further at some point and discuss strategies.

April said...

Indeed! You have these very shoes in another color, I believe. We can compare the pains.