14 August 2008

Whoa

So, my scary new medication says DON'T GET PREGNANT (along with some other rather frightening "don't's" & "you coulds" (like, um, I could GO BLIND. Jesus) in 12 million different places. But this is truly priceless:


I am saving these. Every last pill-encasing NO BABIES one of them. A wonderful, yet-to-be-imagined destiny awaits them.

Also - dig that price:



So, I took my first pill last night. This is how much it cost to get to that point: $1,118. Pre-health insurance. For a drug that could make me go blind, hear voices, burn a hole in my esophagus if I don't swallow it completely, &/or give me Flipper babies. Nosebleeds are the most innocuous side effect on the list. Post-health insurance? I've dished out $30. I cannot imagine trying to exist in this country without health insurance. Holy crap.

Also, note to self: DO NOT ignore recommendation to take with food. Learned that one awful quick!