20 April 2007

I Have Waited My Whole Life Minus 12 Years For This


"The [Food & Drug Administration] is expected to approve the first contraceptive pill that is designed to eliminate periods as long as a woman takes it."
Questionable sentence construction aside, all I can say is: Please. Yes. Thank you. What's the point of bleeding if you've no intention whatsoever of breeding?

Also: Hot Chip are coming round these parts again in June. Wonder Ballroom (still debating whether to go see Marianne Faithfull at same). Ticket prices have increased a bit, but have not yet reached the astronomical increases which Franz Ferdinand tickets did when their second album came out.

Also: Jarvis Cocker is in Seattle on Monday 30 April. I can't manage to go, which actually is all right with me, believe it or not, mostly since I never got around to listening to his solo album anyway, but it's a bit sad nonetheless. Somehow, knowing that he's only got 5 U.S. show dates (two of which are in NYC) makes it worse. Maybe I should have moved to Seattle...hmm...nah.

However, !!! on 2 May is definitely happening. I imagine I can make do with that.

No comments: