05 June 2006

Phil Solomon


Precious little can be said to describe the sheer unadulterated beauty of Mr. Solomon's films. Should you ever be afforded the opportunity to see his work, please do & you can thank me later. Somehow he managed in The Exquisite Hour (1989) to capture on film that exact shade of beautiful, magical blue which occurs between sunset & darkness (& is particularly well-observed in winter), while simultaneously breaking my heart absent any semblance of the traditional tear-jerking which is the stock in trade of narrative film. He's my rock star - I *heart* Phil.

4 comments:

Phil Solomon said...

Of things that have been written about me and my work on the web, this, then, is my favorite...so I *heart* you back, dear April, (if you are still there)...

how kind and wonderful.

and just what I needed tonight...

I am yours.

(a rock star at last...)

PS

Phil Solomon said...

April ---(of course it was you!)

did you get my email?

my address is solomon@colorado.edu

send me your golden words.

P

Phil Solomon said...

April ---(of course it was you!)

did you get my email?

my address is solomon@colorado.edu

send me your golden words.

P

April said...

I did get your email...I replied & forwarded the other one...is it possible your account thinks my emails are so much spam? Perhaps you should check your junk mail...but in the interim, I shall try again!